Email: [email protected]
Tom Arckey is a founding partner of Arckey & Associates, LLC. Tom’s practice focuses on business and employment law with emphasis in litigation. Tom has significant experience, over 35 years representing individuals and small businesses.
Business and Commercial Law
His business law experience includes advising small businesses with matters from business organizations, business agreements, purchase and sale and other business transactions, business disputes, as well as litigation. Tom aggressively prosecutes and defends lawsuits involving business and commercial disputes.
Tom’s employment law practice includes working with individuals and businesses on issues of employment discrimination based on sex, race, religion, age, disability, wages and compensation issues under states and federal laws. His litigation experience includes significant verdicts advocating employment law rights. With his extensive experience in business and commercial law, Tom regularly advises executives, officers and directors, medical professionals on a wide variety of business and employment issues. These matters include executive compensation, severance agreements and employment agreements.
Relevant Experience and Credentials
- Verdicts and significant settlements in Title VII sex and sexual harassment claims
- Verdicts and substantial settlements in wages and commissions lawsuits
- Significant settlements in disability, race and age discrimination claims
- Substantial settlements in prosecution of breach of contract for executive compensation
- Successful defenses of professional license actions brought by state agencies
- Successful defense of unfair trade, breach of contract, unfair competition
- Negotiation of multi-millions of dollar settlements and separation agreements in executive compensation disputes
Tom is a recognized as a top-rated employment litigation attorney, authority in these areas, and is recognized for over 10 years by Colorado Super Lawyers, by Best Lawyers, a “Superb” rating by AVVO and rated as AV Preeminent 5.0/5.0 rating by Martindale-Hubbell attorney review and ratings. AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
He has lectured and taught seminars on business and employment law matters for over twenty years. He successfully attained certification in the National Institute of Trial Advocacy Trial Program.
- State of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals